Frequently Asked Questions

Find what you need in the searchable FAQs from WKU Libraries

Where can I find paper copies of periodicals, journals, magazines, or serials?

511 views   |   97   101   |   Last updated on Feb 23, 2017    Periodicals Journals Electronic Resources Articles


At this time most newspapers, periodicals, and magazines are available online. However, some are still available in paper, or you may prefer to view paper copies of older periodicals. You will find paper versions at several locations on campus--here is a rough guide to get you started:

  • the bulk of periodicals are located on Helm 2nd floor
  • leisure reading periodicals are located in the Helm Reading Room (room 100)
  • government documents periodicals are on Helm ground floor
  • visual/performing arts periodicals are on Cravens 2nd floor in the Visual and Performing Arts Library
  • some educational and juvenile periodicals are in Gary Ransdell Hall, first floor library
  • archival periodicals are in the Kentucky Library
Need more help finding periodicals or newspapers in paper format? Call our Periodicals Help Desk at 270-745-6116, or stop by in person--we're on the second floor of Helm Library, across from the Computer Lab.